Dementia Care at The Woodlands Residential Home
As a residential home, we specialise in dementia care.
We keep to the following practices:
- Involve willing families and friends in the decisions made each day and over the long term for each resident.
- Ensuring each resident, no matter the stage of dementia has a sense of freedom about the choices and the care they receive.
- Treating each person as an individual and trying to understand the messages behind the behaviour.
- Treating each episode of distressed behaviour case as an indication that the resident is trying to communicate with us.
- Listen and learn about each resident’s past, so that our staff can engage in responsive and meaningful conversations, and to use this information to make activities relevant where we can.
- Adopt a person-centred approach, taking the focus away from present illnesses or disabilities by working with the positives and what can be achieved with the right support.
- Ensure our staff are trained to be able to deliver fantastic dementia care and all of the above.